Why choose Short Term Residential Treatment at The Forge School?
It has become clear that teen boys cannot thrive in today’s environment that is dominated by technology, neurotoxic food, and an often sedentary lifestyle. Ensuring the short-term safety of your son, while gaining traction for his long-term health, is the goal of our Intrepid program. Our program uses the healing power of the outdoors to create room for your son to reconnect with his body and emotions, while fueling him with nutrition that reduces inflammation and helps his brain integrate the therapeutic work he will do. Daily functional fitness and adventure therapy engage the hands on, tactile nature of your son so that he internalizes training which builds confidence and self-esteem. In-depth clinical assessment helps us create an environment for your son and family to stabilize, reset, and confidently move forward on his treatment journey with a clear understanding of the strengths and challenges at play.
The need for sophisticated mental health treatment is disproportionate to the access for many families, so the Forge School, supported by Embark Behavioral Health, is working with insurance companies to provide 4-8 weeks of residential treatment and assessment measures such as substance abuse screening, psychological/educational evaluation, family systems assessment, and a psychiatric medication review that will be handed off to your local providers for continued attuned treatment. Utilizing the CASA model in individual and family sessions, we will work alongside your family to clearly identify the roots of whatever drives his unhealthy behavior.
The Forge School offers two tracks of treatment:
- The Intrepid path, a 30-60-day insurance funded short term residential treatment program, which focuses on stabilization and assessment to give families a clear understanding of the road ahead.
- The Maverick path, a 12-month private pay residential treatment program that engages young men in High Adventure, Mastery and Rites of Passage to set them on a long-lasting road towards health that will forever change them and their family.
- Insurance funded
- Room with other Intrepid students
- 5 hours of group therapy weekly
- 1 hr individual/ 1 hr family therapy weekly
- Academic assessment and credit recovery
- Daily Functional fitness
- Adventure Therapy activities weekly
- Focus on stabilization and assessment
- Private pay with complimentary billing
- Room with other Maverick students
- 2 hours of group therapy weekly
- 3 total hours of individual and family therapy
- Credit recovery and individualized academic plan
- Daily Functional Fitness
- High Adventure Mastery and Mission
- Focus on reintegration into the family system